Monday, August 1, 2016

Writing Without Roadblocks

Last year I had the wonderful opportunity of having Nancy McLean, a teacher who works alongside Regie Routman for a week long residency in my classroom. It was a wonderful experience where when know looking back, I can say I learned just as much as the students did that week, if not more! We focussed on writing stories about Kindness and had them published in a beautiful book. This year I am very lucky to continue talking with Nancy as I transition into middle years. She has already been a wonderful help, directing me to some excellent articles written by Regie herself.  Here is one about how to help your students avoid writing roadblocks. I definitely plan on spending time diving into Middleweb - looks like there are tons of wonderful resources. What strategies do you use for writing with your middle years students?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Students - Do not forget to include your first name and last initial!