Monday, October 3, 2016

Tips for Leaving a Good Comment

If you'd like to leave a comment on our blog, please check out some of the tips my students and I learned about last year regarding helpful and useful comments.  Thank you to Mrs. Yollis' Class (all the way from California!) who made an amazing video with her students to explain just how to do so.  Here it is summarized.

1) Start by complementing the writer
  • mention something that you like about what the writer talks about or how they wrote it
2) Add new information
  • make sure it is related to the topic
  • if you know a new fact, respond with the new information

3) Ask a question
  • make sure it is related to the comment above and/or the original comment
  • make sure it isn't a repeat of previous comments, but rather be sure it adds new information
4) Proofread your comment!
  • if you like, copy and paste it into Word just to be sure
  • make sure you read it over carefully - sometimes you might spell all of your words correctly, but they may be mixed up or used incorrectly

Can we think of any other things necessary to make a good comment? Let me know! Happy commenting!

4 comments:

  1. JORDAN I love your blog it is so cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the blog and it shows that you know a lot Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mrs. Steinhoff! In my opinion, a good comment can include someone's opinion! (See what I did there?) It's always nice to know what other people think of your blog, post, video, etc. Personally, I love to see people's opinions on my own blog, I hope this helped you :D
    ~kristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I real like the video it was a little wired at the start but it was funny

    ReplyDelete

Students - Do not forget to include your first name and last initial!