Friday, March 20, 2020

The World's Perspective - I am Poems

Hello Everyone,

Please enjoy these incredibly poignant poems written by my students. They range in perspectives as related to the current global health crisis. If you would like to submit a poem as well, please so so by leaving it in the comments below and I will add it to this post.  Thank you.

I Am the News 
By Ella 

I am the news 
I see everyone looking lost, knowing not what to do next 
I hear their words of fear from every direction 
listen, I hear the quiet around the broadcast center it's as if I'm wearing ear plugs 
I’m told everything but not trusted fully 
I am the news 

I am Kevin Durant 
By Gavin 

I am Kevin Durant 
I wonder if I will get to play basketball again 
I see the doctors testing me  
I hear the doctors in the lab like bees in a bee’s nest 
I smell lots of hand sanitizer 
I worry about my health in the fearing future 
I feel not too bad 
I am Kevin Durant 

I am Ella
I am worried for my health 
I wonder how much longer it will be until a cure is found 
I hear news of more and more people getting sick 
I see people not taking precautions to stay healthy 
want to know how much longer this craziness will last 
I am Ella 

I am a Retail Worker/Grocery Store Clerk 
by Ella
I am worried someone I help may be carrying the virus 
I wonder why others think it a good idea to fight over a little thing such as toilet paper 
I hear the scanning sound every time I scan an item  
I see people stocking up on items 
I want the stress that comes with this to stop 
I am retail worker/ grocery store clerk 

I am a Worried Mother 
by Sara
I don’t know what to do 
I want my kid to learn but I want him/her healthy too 
I wish we could go back to when everything was normal before this peaking pandemic 
I read all about the deaths and the people infected on the national newspaper  
I hear that only 13% of the regular students are going to school  
I see everyone freaking out like the world is going to end 
I know that people have died  
I wonder why people have decided that toilet paper is their top priority not food 
I see everyone rushing to get things like it’s the last one in the world 
  I am a worried mother 

I am Donavan Mitchell 
By Eli 
hear all the raging rumors about the virus 
I wonder when I will get out of this quiet quarantine  
I want to get out of isolation 
I see the news filled like a mall on black Friday with news about new cases 
I stress about my wife and family 
I feel all the strong support from the Basketball world 
I worry about when this virus will end 
I am Donavan Mitchell 

I am a Lonely Friend  
I wonder how I am going to get though these lonelweeks without my friends 
I hear people saying that we could have no school till September 
I see my friends wanting to be in school every last second like a bunch of hungry people getting one last meal before going a very long journey  
I want to go to school and have a class filled with lively laughter   
I am a lonely friend    
By Isabella 



1 comment:

  1. I Am A Confused Student
    By Annika

    I am a confused student
    I wonder when my friends and I will be able to go back to school
    I see a world full of panic and fear
    I hear countless people talking about the virus
    I wish everything could go back to the way it was before all of this began
    I know that the quarantine is only beginning
    I want this all to end and return to what we now know as normal
    I am a confused student

    ReplyDelete

Students - Do not forget to include your first name and last initial!